Minor Injury & Illness
Alternatively you can visit your nearest Minor Injury Unit:
Royal South Hants Minor Injuries Unit
Accessing the MIU
Patients do not need to make an appointment, just turn up during opening hours.
Monday-Friday 7.30am-10.00pm, weekends and Bank Holidays 8.00am-10.00pm (last patient accepted at 9.30pm). Patients are treated in order of priority rather than order of attendance.
You should head for the Minor Injury Unit for physical injuries such as cuts, grazes, sprains and small fractures; you won’t need an appointment and more often than not you may be treated quicker that going to an Emergency department.
- X-ray service is available 9am-10pm for any patient aged 12 or over.
- Pregnancy testing available to women under 16 years.
- Chlamydia testing packs
- Emergency contraception and condoms are given out.
- Staff provide assessment and treatment of minor fractures and minors injuries.
- Provisions for wound care.
Only call 999 in an emergency. Sudden severe chest pain and / or severe shortness of breath constitute an emergency.